Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Misty

I went to a part of Missouri near the Mark Twain National Forest about a year and a half ago. I do my best to make it there every year in the summer because it is absolutely beautiful and I always have an amazing time camping in that area.

I went to start my first version of the field journal I am doing now. I had just gotten through to myself that this was my gift and I wanted to go and record every little Fae I could find into my sketch book. It was a very good time of discovery.

Part of what I get to do now is actually record accurately all that I did see. I spent more time in awe and wonder seeing them than I did actually recording them. Thankfully I have a great memory and photographs to help with the recollection.

What came to me today with some guided help from Spirit was remembering the spirit of the woods that resided in that part of the country. Wood spirits are many and have very many forms. The one that I was drawn to in my memory today was more ethereal than anything. You could pick it out with your vision because it manifested as a form of vapor over the trees. Now, for the skeptics out there, it was not a low cloud. The day was clear and bright and there was not a reason for there to be such low cloud vapor anywhere. Also, the energy was not the same as a cloud.


The wood spirit was there to do much the same as any Guardian – to love, protect, and shield the area. Her job was more to love the trees and keep them guarded from the campers that were not so kind to Nature. She drifts in and out among them, over the tree tops and to the ground. Her area of protection could stretch miles if needed, but her home is that wooded area.

She doesn’t necessarily have a name and isn’t even necessarily a ‘she’. Her forms are many and will rarely show an actual face.

A Message From the Wood Guardian:
“I am here and there and everywhere. I’m where you think is a misty form of rain and may think has no reason for being. I’m there to grant the dreams of the trees who only want to be safe and rescued from those who care little for them. My home is with them and their home with me. Take care of them so they can take care of you.”
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
It was a pleasure going back and looking through my mind’s eye at the time I spent there and the things I experienced. I hope to go back soon to see what else I can find and who will be captured in my mental viewfinder. We’ll go back again in my memory too – so many to record! =D


No comments:

Post a Comment