Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dragonfly Medicine

Today I drew from my memory again my time in Missouri – the same time my mind was led to yesterday. What was amazing about my trip that year was when I got there, I was led to the farthest point I thought possible from all of the other campers. I looked at the hill that was going to be my new home for the next few days and thought it was nice enough. The splendor that really grabbed my attention was that the area I was guided to was filled with Dragonflies! I had not ever in my life seen so many Dragonflies fill the air at once. To be sure I wasn’t exaggerating my own experience, I took the time to see if they were everywhere else or just around me. They were only in the area I was about to temporarily claim as my home. What a Blessing!


Messages can come to us in many forms and the message of Dragonfly that day was very clear and present. It is a message of more than just Faerie – because they are an insect that resonates with the Fae and actively take care of both the Physical and Energetic planes. The medicine of Dragonfly encourages us to see our own beauty and the wonderful change it can bring to the world around you. It is similar to Butterfly in that it is a medicine of change but where as Butterfly is more about the metamorphosis of the self to its fullest potential, Dragonfly holds the vibration of creating change wherever it is you walk, or fly, so to speak.

They encourage us in their message when we see them to be the change we wish to see. They have the lives of the shortest spans yet have no trouble in accepting their gifts of flight and beauty. The change we feel when seeing something beautiful is quite potent. It is strong and desirable to maintain. Why we seek constantly for beautiful and inspiring things is not a secret. The vibration it causes in seeking and finding something we think is beautiful is inspiring and can be the springboard to our next growth spurt and change in and for a good way.

Remember to think of Dragonfly when you wish to see a change and the “how” is unknowable to you, if you wish to see Magic in your daily life and want to inspire the beautiful awakenings that can be found with that kind of Magic. Fae magic is subtle yet powerful and that is the kind of Magic and change Dragonfly carries with it. It carries the harmonies of creating Gold and Wealth in your grid if you only learn how to accept it. They create a change that is subtle yet impacting. It only takes a small grain of sand to make a Pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment